As I am new to the blogging world, I suppose a word of introduction is in order. I have reached the ripe old age of 22 years and I am currently a senior at Bryan College (how I came to be so old or to reach senior status is beyond my reckoning!). I am majoring in Theatre, but am taking all the film classes I can through my electives, as I feel the Lord is leading me to a vocation in the independent filmmaking industry.
I desire to make films that exemplify character as well as true Christian values. Young people need role models and heros that are worthy of being emulated (ex. Roy Rogers had a tremendous influence on generations!). I want to use film (and theatre) to have an impact on our culture -- to encourage Christian families and to bear witness of godliness to those who are unsaved and to inspire them to acts of chivalry and virtue.
I am a very unique and multi-faceted individual, so it is hard to give a brief description of myself that will lead you to a very clear idea of who I am. :-) I am a very old fashioned girl who has a particular love for the antebellum and WWII eras. I enjoy attending Civil War reenactments and dances and feel right at home wearing a hoopskirt. If I could wear clothes styled from the 1940's and '50's all the time, I would! I love watching movies and listening to music from that era. Speaking of old movies, I have to put in a pitch for "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" as one of the best movies ever made! All of Frank Capra's movies are amazing!
I am rather shy, but I love to act and I have a very dramatic side to me (that may sound like an oxey-moron, but hey, Jimmy Stewart was shy!). I have acted in several stage productions to date, and this summer I will have my first experience acting for film. A friend of mine is making a Star Wars fanfilm (something like a spoof), and I was given a sizeable role as a spaceship captain. Needless to say, I am very excited!
As the title of this blog suggests, I am also a country girl. But even more than that, I am a cowgirl at heart. Roy Rogers is my hero and I grew up loving the old Westerns. Before I was making Civil War dresses (and lots of other costumes!), I was proudly wearing a pair of cowboy boots, a fringed leather jacket, and a Roy Rogers stetson. I have raised my two younger brothers to love the old Westerns as much as I do. Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, John Wayne, Charles Starrett, Tim Holt, Rex Allen, Hopalong Cassidy, Alan Ladd, Audie Murphy, and the list goes on and on... :-)
I am also an avid reader and I love the classics. I like to write stories as well. As I mentioned before, I also love to sew. All in all, there aren't enough hours in a day!
Above and beyond all else, however, I am a daughter of the King whose life has been redeemed by her precious Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I am so grateful that He has called me for His own, and my desire is to live a life wholely surrendered to Him. Beyond any hopes or dreams of my own, I want to fulfill HIS purpose for my life.
As for my family, I have been blessed with two amazing parents and two wonderful brothers. Daniel is 16 and Stephen is 10, so we are all 6 years apart. It makes things interesting sometimes. :-) I love them dearly and I am glad that I was able to complete half of my college studies from home so that I only have to leave them for two years (one down, one to go!).
Well, there you have it. A "brief" summary of who I am. :-)
1 comment:
Hi Stacy! You ought to put up a follower button so I can follow you. Love your blog! It's neat to get to know you better...Thanks for coming to visit me! You're welcome to come be a follower with Beth Nell on my other blog too. I put my button back up. xo
Post a Comment