Friday, November 28, 2008

Thankful for Friends

My family has a tradition of sitting down together on Thanksgiving morning and writing a list of things we are thankful for that have taken place since last Thanksgiving. The smarter ones of us keep a shoebox that we will put little things in as reminders (invitations, tickets, programs, etc.) so we don't have to struggle so hard to remember things that happened up to 11 months ago! Of course, not everything is signified by something tangible, but when applicable, it really helps. Especially when you're as old as I am and you're not taking Vitamin B pills to help with your memory. ;-)

There are always many things on my Thanksgiving list. In fact, I am rather notorious for having such lengthy lists. But hey...at least I have a lot to be thankful for! :-) I am truly very blessed. I have an amazing family. My brothers are awesome (even if we don't get along all the time) and my parents are more in love now than when they got married. My grandparents are the best in the world and they are providing so that I can attend a wonderful college without debt. And then there's YOU. My friends. Some of you I grew up with. Some of you I met at college. Some of you I see once or twice at year (at best), but our love for each other extends across long distances.

Each of you mean so much to me and have impacted my life in a very real way. I am thankful for the wonderful memories we share, which I will treasure the rest of my life. I'm thankful for the love and acceptance you have shown me. I'm thankful that I can be open and vulnerable, and you won't hurt me. I'm thankful for all the wonderful HUGS I get! (If you haven't figured this out yet, I love hugs!!!) :-D

On a different note, this has been a REALLY rough semester for me in many ways and there have been times when I felt like I was falling apart, and the love and support many of you have shown me has touched my heart very deeply. I don't know what I would do without each and every one of you! I thank God for you and I am honored to count you among my dearest friends. Thank you for everything, and may God richly bless you as you have blessed my life. :-)

No comments: