Monday, August 16, 2010

Is There No End to This Madness???

   
Weddings, weddings, weddings!!!  Two weekends ago, I drove to PA to be a bridesmaid for my former college roommate, Emily.  The driving (which included not only the trip up there and back, but 2-4 hours on I-95 every day, the whole weekend) was extraordinarily stressful, and the wedding preparation wasn't much better, but the ceremony was beautiful (and so was the bride!).




Then, last weekend, I attended the wedding of two homeschool friends, Josh and Christina.  We've had several friends marry outside what used to be our large homeschool circle, but these are the first two to marry within the circle!  

I was sitting near the back during the outdoor ceremony and couldn't see anything.  Several people were standing in the back, but I took it one step further.  I kicked off my shoes and stood in a chair so I could take pictures during the whole ceremony.  Haha!  It was great fun.  :-)



The Class of 2004 (minus one):



My house mate from my last year of college is getting married in October, so I dearly hope to be able to attend her wedding.  Two more friends from school are marrying each other on Jan. 1, but I don't know if I'll be able to travel down for that one, although I really want to.  My other house mate is probably getting married in the Spring, although I haven't heard a date yet.  And then I'll be a bridesmaid for another friend from school on June 11 (right after my birthday!).

Goodness gracious, everybody's getting married!  If they're not getting married, they're getting engaged or having babies (all in the proper order, you understand!).  Wow, I guess we're all growing up or something.  How is such a thing possible???

In other news (NOT related to weddings), I'm leaving a week from today for my next filmmaking adventure to help with Advent Film Group's feature, "Alone Yet Not Alone."  I'll be a Props PA once again.  Should be more interesting this time, since it's set during the Revolutionary War and includes Indians!  A tomahawk is a little more fascinating than a baseball bat (ref. "Hero").  :-D

I'm pretty overwhelmed, since I thought I would have three or four more weeks at home.  I've been gone most of the summer (as you can tell from my posts), and I was SOOOOO READY for some time to regroup, catch up on sleep, and spend time with my family.  There was so much to be done!  But now I'm off again, maintaining my record of being home no more than two weeks at a time all summer.  Very new sort of schedule for me.  But I keep reminding myself that God's timing is perfect, and I am trusting Him in this!  

And I have to admit, staying in a hotel with a pool and an exercise room for three months has it's perks.  Every day after working on the hot baseball field during "Hero" pickups, I would have given anything for a quick dip in a pool before going to bed!  And I'll be close enough to come home on some weekends, at least for the first half of the shooting.  And when I don't come home, I have lots of friends in that area to visit (including my very bestest friend, Stephanie, who I can't wait to spend time with after being separated for so much of the past three years!).

Well, there's my update.  Lots of shopping and packing to do this week!  I'd better start off by getting some good sleep.  G'night, friends!
   

2 comments:

Joshua and Stephanie said...

There sure are a lot of weddings going on...I can't wait to have you in my neck of the woods...its definitely a lot more quiet now that Joshua is off to school...

Stacey Bradshaw said...

Ahhh! I got a comment! I got a comment! Hehe! :-D That is seriously the first comment I've gotten since Feb. 25, 2009. Thank you for making my day! :-)