Friday, November 26, 2010
A Whirlwind of Activity...
The last few months have certainly been a whirlwind. Well, pretty much ever since I got home from college in May, actually. I had a few weeks at home, and then once June hit, I was mostly only home for one week at a time. Once or twice I was home for two weeks. And then I had most of the month of August at home before I went to work on a film for two months.
The two months ended up only being three weeks, but I kept going back every weekend to visit my friends (thankfully, I lived only a few hours away from where they were filming, even when they had company moves!). Then I went to Texas for a week (see my previous post!). When I came back from TX, the film company had moved to TN, which was a bit too far for me to drive for a weekend visit. Or so I thought.
I got home from Texas on a Sunday, and on the following Friday, I finally got around to unpacking and putting my clothes AWAY for the first time in two months! I had been continuously shifting clothes from one suitcase to another, but this was the first time I could actually put my clothes in drawers and store the suitcases away. I was going to be home for a while. Which was good, since I was exhausted and I had been sick for a month (my sore throat had swapped out for a cough by this point).
My life is so ironic.
The next morning, I got an email saying that my friends were having an early wrap party THAT NIGHT since a lot of them would leaving the following week, as the company was downsizing before it's last move. Also, the memorial service for Joe would be the next day. WOW. Two huge events that I had REALLY wanted to be present for. So...guess what? Within 2.5 hours, I was packed and on the road to TN. Yep, less than 24 hours after putting my clothes away, I had the suitcase back out and packed and in the car. I love God's sense of humor. :-)
I stayed in TN until Wednesday, then brought my friend Angela home with me since she was wrapped out and she wanted to see some historical places in VA before she headed home to MN. We stopped by Appomattox on the way home, then rested for a few days before making a trip to Williamsburg on Saturday. Sunday afternoon, we drove to Purcellville and stayed with the Escobars. Monday, we toured D.C. with our friend, Andrew Faudree.
Tuesday, I headed home for some much needed rest. I thought I was heading back to TN on Thursday for a friend's wedding, but by that point I was just too sick to go. I kept having these horrible, deep coughing spells that would leave me utterly exhausted. It broke my heart to miss my friend's wedding, but I knew I wasn't up to making such a big trip alone (not to mention that it would have been detrimental to my health).
So...for the first time since I left home on Sept. 8, I've been home for one whole week. In fact, I've been home for one week and three days! I'm setting quite a record!
I enjoyed a great Thanksgiving with my family. There is sooooooo much to be thankful for! And I'm glad I'll actually be home for a while now (Lord willing!). I don't have any definite plans to go anywhere very far away until after Christmas. Or even New Years. Which is good, considering that I'm still sick, and I've been sick for almost two months now. This cough in particular has been around for five weeks. I must have really run myself down (can't imagine how that happened!), because I've never gotten sick like this before. It's highly unusual for anything to hang around this long. I would really appreciate your prayers for healing!!!
In a later post, I'll put up some pictures from my travels. For right now...I'm going to get some sleep. G'night, world! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment