Okay, here's the story. Stephen has been wanting a puppy very badly (so have I, but Mom said I couldn't get one while my life is so unsettled and I don't know when I'll be traveling to work on films, or how long I'll be gone, etc.). Anyway, Mom and Dad decided to get Stephen a puppy for Christmas. They went to Wal-Mart one afternoon several weeks ago and saw a man with three pure bred yellow lab puppies for sale! He had cut the price in half because they were already 12 weeks old, so my parents decided this was the best option they would find. A week later, when I was home, we drove Stephen to the man's house to pick out his new puppy!
There were only two left at that point. Stephen wasn't nearly as indecisive as I would have been, so it didn't take him long to pick out his puppy. When he announced his decision, it came into my mind that I probably would have picked the other one. Maybe that's just because I was feeling sorry for her. But she was beautiful, with a smaller build and more delicate features. I held her for several minutes, and she wouldn't stop giving me kisses.
Mom (who - as you will remember - had told me it wouldn't work for me to get a puppy during this phase of my life!) told me that Dad had gotten her to call the owner to ask if we could get a discount if we bought both puppies. We had thought originally that we would have a hard time convincing Dad to let us get a puppy, and now it was HIS idea to get both! Equally ironic was the fact that Mom was trying to talk me into buying myself a puppy! Well...as you can imagine...it didn't take much effort to convince me.
We couldn't wait to see Daniel's reaction to us bringing TWO puppies home! He did not disappoint. He's more of a cat person, and he couldn't believe we bought both puppies! But he loves them nonetheless. (It's impossible not to!)
My little Buttercup!
Bonnie was even less thrilled than Daniel.
Stephen and Daisy.
Me and my precious little Buttercup. :-)
Honestly, I did the only humane thing possible. It would have broken these little girls' hearts to have been separated from each other. :-) I've been reading articles about training puppies, and they keep talking about separation anxiety if you leave your puppy. Well, these girls don't suffer a bit of anxiety if we're not around, but they can't stand to be separated from each other!!!
Playing in the leaves!
Buttercup comin' to see me!
She fell asleep on my lap. :-)
Daisy:
Buttercup:
We ordered a large crate which should be arriving this week, and then we'll be trying to housebreak them. Oh, boy! I'm not particularly excited about that, but it will be worth it in the end. I can't wait to have my dog inside with me. :-)





5 comments:
Wow, we had an experience almost exactly like that a couple of years ago! We thought we were going to get one puppy, but when we got there my brother wanted one, and I wanted a different one, so we took them both! :-) They got along so good together, just as yours do... Neither of them lived more than a year and a half though, it was so dissapointing. :-( Hope you have better luck!
Andrew B.
Great Pics Stacey.... thanks for sharing those adorable puppies..
keep us updated on how the training goes...
and remember to always keep pushing through with it--- you will make it and it will be worth it when they are finally trained... :D
ttyl
We used to have a yorkshire terrier, but after he died, my dad said we can't get a dog either until we get a fence, and he said we'll never get a fence. But I'm okay with that since I'm a cat person.
Great pictures!
I am a huge fan of labs, I have a yellow lab and a black lab/pointer mutt. These pictures truly warmed my heart; such adorable puppies, so happy and such good friends :) You should turn these pics into one of those 365 day calendars of pictures of dogs. Your puppies could bring a smile to millions of faces!
Wow, Stacey, the puppies are bigger than when I saw them! Keep up the good work training them.
Angela W.
Post a Comment