Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Bunny Costumes!

After 34 hours of labor, they are FINALLY FINISHED!!!  It really took some work to figure out how to make the ears stand up (because the pattern gave no suggestions, and they would either flop forward and obscure vision, or flop backwards and look ridiculous).  I ended up sinking the ears further into the seam and using a combination of plastic canvas and a cut-up clothes hanger.  All of that definitely added several hours to the project, but at least it worked!  

Anyway...my grandparents came today for a visit, and my grandfather voluntarily modeled one of the costumes while my brother modeled the other one!  I never would have imagined my grandfather would do something like this, and I about died laughing the whole time!    


Showing off their tails.  Hehe!

One of my favorites.  :-)

 Apparently my grandfather can be quite a ham!  :-D


In other news, please pray for my OTHER grandfather (my dad's dad).  He was taken to the emergency room this afternoon because they were concerned he might have had a stroke.  Mom is at the hospital now, and she said he is talking for the first time in a few days, so that sounds like a positive sign.  And even more than his health, please pray for his salvation.  I'm pretty certain he is not a believer.  Thank you, my friends!