Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ann Voskamp

First of all, here is the welcoming committee that greeted me as soon as I arrived in Purcellville!




Today, I went with Mrs. Escobar, Rebekah, Lauren, and Felicia to hear Ann Voskamp be interviewed at Patrick Henry College.  She was amazing!  Now, more than ever, I want to read her book, "One Thousand Gifts."  She is an incredible person.  So humble, so full of Christ.  (Kyra, if you're reading this, I thought about you the whole time!  I wish you could have been there!)

David setting up the camera to record the interview:

 Ann Voskamp:


Peter and David hard at work taking things down after the interview:










 Ann was delighted to meet Brett Harris, and had him sign her copy of
"Do Hard Things."

 

6 comments:

Savories of life said...

Loved the deer pictures!!

Amy W. said...

Stacey,
What a treat for you to be able to hear Ann Voskamp be interviewed! Ana has read her book "One Thousand Gifts" and really liked it! :)
Did you get to meet her?

Were you also able to meet Brett? Have you read the Harris twins' books? I can't remember if I have asked you that before or not. :)

Thanks for sharing pictures from your time there at Patrick Henry College.

Blessings!
~Amy

Stacey Bradshaw said...

Amy,

Yes, it was a treat! No, I didn't get to meet her. There was a long line, and I'm not very bold to meet new people, so I stayed busy snapping pictures of cute babies. :-)

Yes, I actually already knew Brett! He was one of the principal actors in the movie I worked on last Fall (Alone Yet Not Alone). He is such a great guy! No, I haven't read their books, although I bought both of them for my brother Daniel. They're on my long list of books to read eventually. :-)

Thanks for commenting!

God bless,
Stacey

Amy W. said...

Stacey,
Do you know if the interview recording of Ann Voskamp will be available for people to watch on the internet?

That is great! I didn't realize Brett was in that movie. :)

~Amy

Stacey Bradshaw said...

Amy, I'm not sure what they'll be doing with the recording. The guys here at Advent were hired to record the interview, but I don't know if it's for a DVD series or online publication. I can try to find out soon if I remember to ask one of the guys...

Ana F. said...

Wow, Stacey! This is so fun! The pictures of the kids are adorable!

"One Thousand Gifts" is a very good book! That would have been so fun to hear her speak!

...and someday I really want to meet the Harris twins. :-) I love their books! =)

Blessings~
~Ana