This week has been crazy! Well, almost every week of my life seems rather crazy these days, but I've been "on the go" a lot more than usual this week. Tuesday, I worked at the library for four hours. Wednesday evening, I drove an hour to meet with some great young Christian filmmakers that I met back in April. We had a great time catching up and talking about how I might be able to get involved with a short film they're planning for later this year.
Thursday, I spontaneously drove two and a half hours to Williamsburg to audition as a background actor for "To Have and To Hold" (a movie based on one of my favorite historical novels, to be filmed in VA this Fall). Well, it wasn't entirely spontaneous because I had been considering it since Monday, but I didn't decide to go until noon on Thursday, and then I just got ready, jumped in the car, and drove down there. My long-time friend Michael (attending Regent University in VA Beach) had some free time, so he drove down and met me. Between the casting director and I, we even convinced him to audition. :-)
Afterwards, we made the most of a BEAUTIFUL day by walking around Colonial Williamsburg for a few hours. We ate dinner at The Cheese Shop (a great place if you're ever there!), and then I headed home about 8:00. There was almost an hour's delay because of road work, so I didn't get home until 11:00 pm (for the second night in a row!). It's hard to believe I would stay out much later than that when I was at college. I must be getting old or something. :-)
Here are some pictures I snapped as we walked around yesterday...
In between all of this madness, I've been trying to squeeze in a lot of research for the Writers' Block wardrobe. It's amazing how difficult it can be to find images online that match some of the simplest 1940's designs that you're picturing in your mind. I've spent hours and hours trying all sorts of approaches, and it's mostly just frustrating and unfruitful. Things are really going to get busy soon when they lock down the cast and I have to start finding clothes that match their measurements. We might possibly be able to get a lot of period clothes from a theater group near Purcellville, so I would appreciate your prayers for that!
Well, I've got to go finish making a dress that I'm hoping to wear to a friend's wedding tomorrow. This dress has a very simple design, but has given me a tremendous amount of grief! I think I have the problem all figured out now, so I've just got to finish putting the zipper in along with a few finishing touches. It's going to be really cute! (White with black polkadots and black trim!)
Oh, and I'll be gone all this next week without internet. I might be able to find a place with wi-fi once or twice during the week, but I just wanted you to know the situation in case you comment and think it odd that I don't reply. :-)
I hope everyone is doing well! Have a blessed week!
1 comment:
STACEY! What did you do to get thrown in the stocks? LOL! For some reason I don't think you'd be smiling if you were in there for a couple of days... :-) "Fourty lashes with the whip... " ;-)
I really enjoy reading about your experiences with Christian Filmmaking... I would like to get involved sometime, but it seems there aren't many opportunities in North Dakota... :-)
Keep up the good work!
Andrew B.
Post a Comment