Our first day of filming started at 7am in Justin's apartment...on a Wednesday, appropriately enough! We don't have any pictures of me, but the scene is my character waking up and getting ready to go to a job interview at the diner. I was so tired that it came very naturally to lay in bed looking asleep, then open my eyes and squint at my alarm, and then slowly and reluctantly sit up... Haha! I wanted to stay in the bed for real. :-)
Seth Haley, cinematographer:
Our next location was a quiet street running parallel to Lake Michigan. I get stuck behind an old lady driving slowly, and I get frustrated because I'm already running late for my interview. I whiz around her, then get stuck on the side of the road because I run out of gas. The lady on the left (below) is 90 years old and did a great job with her part!
Thomas preparing the clapboard:
Justin (our producer and director) and Mr. Cade (who also plays my boss at the diner, but came out this morning to help manage traffic):
The car that I drove:
The rest of the pictures were taken by our official BTS photographer, Anna Brooks:
Justin and Seth visualizing my entrance into the diner:
Bouncing light into my face so I'm properly illuminated. :-)
Reviewing a scene...
Amos (Seth's brother), who helping with driving and filming:
Amanda wrote the script and is playing the other waitress, Martha:
So beautiful! :-) I love our waitressing costumes!
Filming my entrance:
Mr. Cade as Virgil, the owner of the diner:
Ben was our boom op!
Harmony (Seth's wife) helping monitor sound:
I get caught with a lot of strange expressions on my face... Haha!




















2 comments:
Such cute outfits...this must be quite the project since most of the people are older...
Looks like you all are off to a great start with the movie!! I love those waitress outfits too - they are the cutest!
~Alyssa
Post a Comment