Monday, June 11, 2012

Trip to Michigan

On Monday, June 4th, I started my trip to Michigan!  For what purpose?  To act in the lead role in a short film that my friend Justin Barber is producing and directing!  I met Justin at the San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival back in 2010.  That's also when I met Seth Haley, our cinematographer.  It's neat to be working with them on a project now!  In fact, you could say that this is the first project I've worked on as a direct result of the film festival.

Justin's sister, Amanda, wrote the script.  It has been so much fun to get to know her in person over the past week.  We have a lot in common!  She and Justin share an apartment here in St. Joseph, but she has moved in with me at a host home so that Thomas and Ben (two friends who came with me to help on the crew) could stay at the apartment with Justin.

I'll share more about the project in future posts, but for now here are some pictures of our trip from Virginia to Ohio to Michigan (a total of 740 miles)... 


 Farm land in Ohio!

 The view from Gabriel Everson's back porch (where we stopped to spend the night):

 Thomas:

Ben: 

 Gabriel:

A beautiful sunset:



 Lake Michigan!!!  Right behind Justin's apartment:



It is so beautiful up here, and we have lots of down time because we're only filming 2 days a week.  (Everybody else is local and has day jobs...or a night job in Justin's case.)  I've been able to go out and visit downtown St. Jo and the beach a few times (pictures to come later!).  I look forward to getting out more and enjoying this beautiful weather.

My other big news is that I have been promised a role in a feature film to be shot near D.C. in August!  The producer was very impressed with my video audition (which surprised me, because I didn't think it was that good).  I'll either be given the lead role or a supporting role.  I can't wait to find out and be given the script!  And that project will actually pay, which is really nice since I'll be mostly broke after this trip to Michigan.  :-)  But this is like a five week vacation for me, so I am very happy to be up here and have a chance to relax.  And I'm making lots of friends, which is always fun.  I'm glad we'll be here for five weeks.  It's going to be hard to leave...
 

2 comments:

Joshua and Stephanie said...

So beautiful!!! And I've been wondering how the audition meeting went!!!! Yay!!!! You are pursuing what you always wanted to...the Lord is so good.

Unknown said...

Wow! Sounds like a lot of fun! I would really like to get involved in a project like that sometime... Guess I need to get down to the film festival sometime... :-) It seems like there aren't many film projects going on in this part of the country. Guess I'll have to start a group!
Can't wait to see the video!
Andrew B.