Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Mom and Dad's Vow Renewal Ceremony

My parents went through a difficult time in their marriage this summer, and God mercifully brought them through it stronger and more in love than ever before.  Their anniversary was September 24, and they decided to have a special ceremony on Sunday, September 23 to renew their wedding vows.  It was a beautiful, Christ-honoring ceremony!  Most of our church family came as well as some other dear friends, and we were so grateful for their presence on such a special day!


Our family!  The youngest is now the tallest.  :-)

 With our grandparents (Mom's parents).

 Feeling tall! (Standing on the platform)


Dad saying the vows that he wrote.

Mom saying the vows that she wrote.

I love Pastor Lee's expression as he looks at me and shrugs while my parents spontaneously kiss after their vows.  Haha!  He jokingly told my parents, "You're not supposed to do that yet!"







 Talking to my two dear friends, Kyra and Ben, who drove an hour to come.

 Dad gave Mom a short gold necklace like she's been wanting for a long time.

 Mom gave Dad a cedar box to hold all the love notes she writes him.  :-)

Somehow I got recruited to cut the cake.




 Stephen served the punch.

 




That evening, my parents packed and headed off to a cabin at a state park for a short second honeymoon.  I have to admit, it was really fun to have the house to ourselves for a few days!  Haha!  Then Stephen and I joined them on Wednesday night and Daniel came on Thursday.  We stayed until the following Sunday and had a short family vacation.  It was a nice, relaxing time.  I read a whole book the first day and did a lot of writing on my screenplay the remaining two days.  We also hiked and floated in our canoe down the river and watched movies and played games, and just had a very good time in general.  We were all sorry when it ended.  :-)
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, how special! Praise the Lord He brought them through the trials...
My parents also renewed their vows many years ago, after a season of trials. I am so glad they did!
Andrew B.

Joshua and Stephanie said...

This is beautiful!!! What good pictures and I love your parents! I"m so happy for them