Sunday, January 27, 2013

January Update

Hello, my friends!  I am facing a dilemma.  Blogspot informs me that I have almost reached the limit for uploading pictures, so I am thinking about starting a new blog (it's a new year, lots of new things are happening, so it seems appropriate).  However, I am up against the overwhelming task of deciding on a name for a new blog.  My top pick was "thereandbackagain" - but of course it was already taken.  I could just add a "2" at the end of my current address, but I would like to start fresh if possible.  If you have any suggestions for a title you think would suit me well, I'd love to hear them!

Meanwhile, here's a quick update on my life at the moment!

This year has gotten off to a great start!  I'm enjoying time at home with my family and looking for auditions for Christian films that I can get involved with this year.  I recently booked my first role of 2013 - a dramatic, supporting role in the feature film, "In His Steps" (based on the book by Charles Sheldon).  It's a heavy role (my character is homeless with lots of emotional baggage), so I'm looking forward to that challenge.  I'm also looking forward to sharing the screen with my friends Rebekah Cook and Rich Swingle!

They started filming "In His Steps" as a web series, and you can view the first season here: www.inhisstepstheseries.com.  This year, instead of filming a second season, they're just going to finish it out as a feature film.  I'm very excited to come on board with this project!  I'll be going to Colorado for that shoot in late May or early June.

I might also be playing a small role in a short film this coming Saturday for some friends locally.  My part would be a "blonde, gum-chewing airhead."  I know I would have fun with that!  We're trying to squeeze it in before I fly to Texas on Sunday, so it remains to be seen if that will work with their shooting schedule.

As an update to my last post, we reached and EXCEEDED our fundraising goal for "The Wednesday Morning Breakfast Club"!  Praise God!  My heartfelt thanks go out to everyone who contributed!  We look forward to having the film finished and ready to ship out by July or sooner.

Also, I received news that "The Senior Prank" is at a picture lock (which means all the footage is edited together), and now they just need to do some color correcting, having the soundtrack composed and recorded, and work on distribution!  So we hope that film will be ready to be released later this year!

My Pampered Chef business continues to go well.  I'm doing a special event right now where you can pay $5 and enter a drawing to win one of four prizes - a $75 shopping spree, a $50 shopping spree, a $25 shopping spree, or 60% off a stoneware baker!  I'm trying to close that out by tomorrow or Tuesday and I have several entries left, so let me know right away if you want one (or if you want more information on how it works).  You can also visit my personal Pampered Chef website to shop around and look at our products: http://new.pamperedchef.com/pws/staceybradshaw

On Jan. 18, we had our first snow fall of the winter, and it was a doozy!  We lost electricity for 22 hours, but thankfully our wood stove kept us from freezing.  I had fun taking pictures of the snow in the early morning, and then my brother Stephen was very obliging and did a photo shoot with me!  My new header is one of my favorites from that shoot, and here are two others:



And here is one that I took early in the morning as the sun was starting to rise:



What else am I up to these days?  Well, I'm currently working on a sewing project for MYSELF, which hasn't happened in many months!  I made Kombucha for the first time, and can't wait to try it tomorrow!  On occasion, I find time to work on a feature length screenplay that I'm writing.  I finally finished hand quilting a wall hanging for my grandfather (that was supposed to be for his birthday last month).  My grandparents bought me a ukelele last week, so I've spent many hours learning chords and songs, and having fun with that!  And when the opportunity presents itself, I love to spend time behind my camera, and then many hours go into the editing process, which I find equally enjoyable.

One week from today, I fly to Texas for the San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival, and I can hardly wait!  So many old friends to see, new friends to meet, good movies to watch, and some amazingly warm weather to enjoy!  One of the highlights will be the world premiere of "Alone Yet Not Alone" - one of the first films I worked on.  We've been waiting 2.5 years to see this film, and many of my friends from the crew will be there so we can enjoy the experience of watching it together!

Well, I'd better get back to my sewing or I won't get this dress made in time for the film festival.  I hope everyone has a wonderful week!  God bless!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you've been busy! Have fun in SA next week. Miss living there in some ways... It's a wonderful peice of America. However, all this snow and ice in PA is absolutely glorious, and we are benefiting greatly from this new season in life!
About the Blogger/picture delema, my brother had the same issue recently with his photography blog. We discovered that Blogger allows you unlimited photo uploads as long as your photos are under a certain size (forget what that size was). So, he now resizes all of his photos before uploading and has not had a problem since. Just a thought...

Stacey Bradshaw said...

Oh, okay! Thanks for that information, Sophia! That could solve my problem. I'll try resizing my images from now on. Thank you!

By the way, I'm sorry you and your family couldn't make it to the festival this year. It would have been fun to see you! :-)