Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A Trip to the Fair!

I love the fair!  I always have, since I was a little girl and Mom first took me to the Five County Fair.  When I was a little older, she took my brother and I to the State Fair, and that was the best!  I wanted to go every year!  We managed to go every other year or every few years for a while, but then Mom didn't want to go anymore (it was quite a drive and she doesn't really like the fair to start with).  After I graduated high school, I could have driven myself but I didn't really have any friends to go with.  For the past few years, I have been determined to find a way to go...but I have always ended up on a film shoot during that time!  

Needless to say, I was beyond excited when I found out there was a Fair happening an hour away from where we were filming "Uncommon"!!!  We had that Monday off, so three car-loads of us went and had a blast!  After waiting 10 years to go to a fair, it was like a dream-come-true to go and enjoy one with so many awesome friends! 

Most of the gang...


Caleb, Andrew, and I getting ready to ride the swings!

One of my favorites: the tilt-a-whirl! (That's Wesley in the blue suit.)


The view from the Farris Wheel.


Nathan, Angela, Andrew, and I getting ready to do bumper cars!


We dominated.  :-)

My all-time favorite ride: the carousel!  :-)

The boys getting ready to do the big drop ride thing. I refused.




Back on the ferris wheel at night.  So pretty!

We ended the day by watching the last part of a ball game in the stadium next door.



One of the stray balls almost landed in Caleb's lap!

It was an amazing evening, to say the least.  And I proved to the boys that I am VERY good at standing my ground and resisting peer pressure.  Haha!  They kept trying to talk me into riding certain terrifying rides, and I firmly refused.  I did push myself far enough to ride the roller coaster, but that was as far as I was willing to go.  :-)

A beautiful night with beautiful friends.  Definitely a highlight of the month we spent filming, and one of those memories that becomes inscribed on your heart to be fondly remember for many years to come.
   

No comments: