I am very excited to announce that I have a new blog!!! I have been wanting to start it for the past several months, but haven't had time. Now that I'm actually home for awhile (hooray!), I finally had time to put my idea into action. My friend Stephanie gets a lot of credit for giving me the idea and reminding me about it every so often. Her gentle prodding has paid off!
This new blog is specifically designed as a way for me to share the many lessons I've learned about acting and filmmaking over the past few years, as well as to share helpful information from articles, videos, etc. Readers will also get to see picture and hear stories from my filmmaking adventures as well (much like you do over here). And I'd love to have some guest writers on occasion. Goodness knows I have a couple hundred friends in the film industry, so there's a wealth of knowledge to pull from.
I have a lot of new actors and filmmakers come to me for advice from time to time, asking how to get started in the industry, how to write a resume, what a good headshot should look like, how to hear about casting calls, etc. I'm going to cover those topics and a lot more.
So far I have an introductory post, and a freshly published interview that I did for Christian author Bob Valleau about "The Senior Prank"! My very first interview as an actress! I included the film trailer and some pictures, and the post will be featured on this website: http://www.pacer.org/bullying/
If you want to subscribe to my new blog or simply read my interview, you can find it here: http://acting4christ.blogspot.com
Honestly, I'm super excited about my blog title! "There and Back Again: The Adventures of an Actress." Isn't it so perfect? It makes me happy. :-)
If you know any young or aspiring actors or filmmakers, please share the blog with them! I hope it can be helpful to a lot of people.
And eventually...hopefully soon...I'll start getting caught up on this blog with the last film that I did and our family's recently mini-vacation, etc. Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment