Monday, June 6, 2011

Natural Bridge

A few weeks ago, I went with Mom and the boys on a field trip to Natural Bridge!  We hadn't been since Daniel was little, and I don't think Stephen was even born yet, so it was high time to go again.  :-)  We had to travel quite a ways, so we spend the night with some dear friends of ours who recently moved down to that area.  I took over 500 pictures, but I promise I'll give you the condensed version.  :-)

First, we went to the caverns...




Then I took pictures of pretty flowers... 



Next we visited the Wax Museum... 



Boys are so full of mischief...whether they're made of wax or flesh and blood...  


Gazing with love upon Ronald Reagan...  :-)

Will Rogers!

Dan'l Boone!


The Last Supper...

John Wayne!!!  :-D

Then we toured the Toy Museum...



I loved Playmobil as a child!



We stopped to take a few pictures on our way to the bridge...


And there it is!  One of the seven natural wonders of the world!

George Washington's initials way up on the side of the bridge...

Monacan Indian village...




Carved in a rock by the trail...


After hiking a few miles on the Cedar Creek Trial, we came to this waterfall!

Yay for camera timers!  :-D




 Cooling off in the water...

This fella crossed the path in front of us...








After leaving Natural Bridge, we drove a mile down the road to see the infamous Foamhenge!






Beautiful countryside!


The next morning I got to visit with my dear friend Stephanie and her family!  

The view while driving down off their mountain...

Meanwhile, the boys were having a great time with the Wirt family, who had graciously hosted us for the night!  They moved a few months ago, so we don't get to see them very often anymore.

 A pretty view on the way home...

Well, there's my "condensed" version!  :-)  If you want to see more pictures, I've uploaded them to Facebook.

I'm really getting behind on my posting.  Life has been so busy lately!  And now I'd better get some sleep.  I need to rest up and get rid of this bad head cold before I drive to NC on Wednesday for a wedding I'm in on Saturday.  We're going to have a busy few days of preparation!

I hope everyone is doing well!  God bless!
  

No comments: