It was a great five-day trip to NC and back! Wednesday afternoon I drove to my friend Libby's house and spent the night. We went for a long walk on their country roads and enjoyed a beautiful sunset! Then the family sang to me while we enjoyed a delicious lemon pound cake Libby had made in honor of my birthday! I felt so loved! :-)
Thursday morning I drove to Alicia's house. We had a bridesmaid luncheon that afternoon at the neighborhood clubhouse, and went for a swim in the pool (despite the thunder). That evening, we took Alicia to a Mediterranean restaurant she likes, then surprised her with a party at Emily B.'s house (her maid of honor), with presents, fondue, and a movie.
Friday, we had makeovers done at Merle Norman in preparation for doing our makeup there on Saturday for the wedding. Then we decorated for the ceremony and the reception, went through the rehearsal, and had a lovely evening of eating, relaxing, and fellowshipping at the huge log cabin that the groom's family had rented for the week.
Patrick getting "kidnapped" for the bachelor party. :-)
Saturday was the big day!!! We did our makeup with coaching from the sweet Miss Shirley (the makeup artist), then went to the church where the reception was going to be, because that's where the girls were going to get dressed. Everything had gone really smoothly for the past two days, but this is where we hit a big glitch. The lady at the church had forgotten to bring the key to unlock the bride's room where all of our clothes were! So we waited about 15 minutes for the key to arrive, then threw on our dresses, posed for a few pictures, and arrived at the other church with 5-10 minutes to spare before the ceremony.
The ceremony was BEAUTIFUL. Very simple and short, but very sweet and honoring to the Lord. I had such a hard time not crying! The reality of what was taking place didn't hit me until I started walking down the aisle...and then I was so filled with excitement and joy that I could hardly hold back the tears. It was especially hard when Pat and Alicia were singing a song together, asking Christ to be the center of their lives. I'm getting teary-eyed right now just thinking about it! :-)
Their FIRST KISS!!!
After the ceremony, we headed over to the reception site and waited to be formally announced. The food was great, the toasts by Alicia's father and Pat's older brother were very touching, and the first dance was beautiful! I was so proud! Oh, and the double-chocolate-fudge cake was out of this world!!! :-D
All the folks from Bryan College!
Then we all went outside and posed for pictures. I am so grateful that Brittany Park (the wife of one of the groomsman) was willing to take pictures for me! I would have been so sad if I didn't have any pictures of the wedding party. :-)
That night, I drove an hour and a half and visited for a few hours with the Mungers. I love their family so much! They have three girls and four boys, all under the age of 14 (I think). The boys went to bed soon after I got there, but the girls stayed up and we had warm brownies with ice cream while playing a long game of Clue! I ended up winning, and I was actually the culprit! It was so much fun! The little girls were so sad when I had to leave, and I wish I didn't live so far away so I could visit them more often. Then I drove half an hour to the Forbes' house, where I spent the night.
The next morning, their two twin girls had a lot of fun playing with my hair and putting some makeup on me! I had fun doing their hair, too. I always wanted little sisters. :-) I enjoyed visiting their church, and had a wonderful time of fellowship with them over lunch and during the early part of the afternoon. Then I finally started the long drive home. As I mentioned, I got caught in a terrible storm and had to pull over because I couldn't see the road and I was hydroplaning, but I finally made it home all in one piece (oh, and did I mention that I had to come to almost a complete stop on the highway earlier to let a deer cross a few feet from my car?). Praise God for protecting me during my travels!
Well, that brings you up to date on what I've been doing the past several days! I was so honored to be a part of Pat and Alicia's wedding. It surely is a beautiful thing to witness the union of two young people who have truly dedicated their lives to the Lord...
4 comments:
That was a beautiful wedding....this is strange....I and my family just went to a wedding last week and within half an hour I find three different bloggers who have all been to weddings recently too! Coincidence!
May Jesus bless you and yours!
I'll bet you got more pictures than the photographer did at that wedding! What a coincidence that I was just in NC for the American Vision Prophecy Conference at the start of this month. We might have driven right past you!
April, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! :-)
Adam, your comment made me laugh! :-D I doubt I got more pictures than the photographer, although I did come home with a couple hundred... :-) What part of NC were you in? I was in Morganton, which is the western part of the state, from June 9-12. It would have been crazy if we were in the same area and didn't know it!
These are GREAT pictures!!!!!!!
Post a Comment