Here are a few sewing projects I've been working on lately! The same lady that asked me to make the bunny costumes has given me several other projects to do since then. I've made six pillow covers and I've recovered a footstool, which was an interesting experience.
The footstool BEFORE:
...And AFTER! (Quite a difference, huh?)
I made four pillow covers from this beautiful quilted fabric! It was a bit nerve-wracking to cut it out, though, because it cost $37 per yard, and I had to cut three panels out of the width (between selvedges), and there wasn't an eighth of an inch to spare (plus the selvedges were insanely curvy). Anyway, I finally mustered up the courage and got them cut out. After that, it was easy. :-)
The back view (I made them envelop-back style):
My latest sewing job was to make two square pillows and two bolster pillows. I had never made bolster pillows before, but I found a semi-good pattern online and managed to figure it out. Here are the finished pillows after I delivered them!
Here's a project of my own that I worked on this weekend. I found this skirt at a local consignment shop the week it came in...and I fell in love with it! I persistently waited for about 2 months until it finally went down to 70% off. Week after week, I checked to see if it was still there (and had a few heart-stopping moments when they had moved it to a different rack!), and my patience was finally rewarded! I took it in about 7-8 inches in the waist (it was huge on me!), and added the eyelet around the bottom to make it a more comfortable length, then very happily wore it to church this morning!
Next on the list -- Figure out some pirate costumes for our family reunion coming up this Saturday. The pirate costume part isn't so hard (I even have a pirate coat that's almost finished), but the challenge is to come up with outfits that won't cause us to be miserable since the reunion is outside during the hottest part of the summer. Ha! Yeah... Not sure how to work that one out...
Ideally, I would love to have a costume resembling Maureen O'Hara's cute and somewhat feminine outfits from the movie, "At Sword's Point" (minus those crazy tall boots)...but I don't have a pattern, or the right material, and it would still be too hot for the middle of July. But one of these days! Here are some pictures I found:
Well, it's time for me to sign off and get some sleep. Starting tomorrow, we're going to try to implement more structure and scheduling into our lives so we can optimize our time and try to get more accomplished in a day. We'll see how it goes...


1 comment:
That skirt is just adorable! I want one! :-) I have been sewing this summer and I now have a huge list of things I want to do...maybe I'll post them as I get done. You did a great job on the pillows--I love doing pillows but I especially like putting trim on them! :-)
Post a Comment