Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Barn Dance!

Hello, friends!  I have come to a resolution.  Instead of being obsessively organized to the point of not posting anything on here until I can go back and post things in the order they happened (which is very overwhelming, considering a lot has happened since October), I am going to post about a recent event!  This is a huge step for me.  I would really love to start at the beginning and bring this blog up to date in an orderly fashion, but that has kept me far too overwhelmed for far too long (considering there are thousands of pictures to sort through and edit), and I can't bear to let my blog keep sitting idle like this.

Honestly, I really haven't had time to update it with everything that has been going on.  I feel like I'm hardly ever at home anymore!  And when I am, there are so many other things to be doing (both on and off the computer), that updating my blog never makes it to the top of the priority list.  But now I'm going to take just a few minutes to let you know I'm still alive, and post some pictures and a video from a Barn Dance that we went to on Saturday! 


The Barn Dance was so much fun!  The Alexander family hosted it on their farm, and there were all sorts of fun activities for the whole family.  Some of the highlights included lunch (featuring pit-roasted pork from the farm), a greased-pig chasing contest, lots of dancing in the barn, and a concert by a local band!  Here's a little video I put together:


I wish I had gotten a lot more footage, but I was too busy socializing, having fun, and loving on this sweet little darling:




 














My brother Daniel called the dances, and did a great job.  He's even busier than I am these days.  He's working at the General Assembly as a legislative aide for our new senator.  It's quite a drive from here, so he's staying with a wonderful family down there and comes home on the weekends. 










Eventually, I'll try to get you updated on some of the other things I've been doing in the past few months.  One of my big projects has been creating a personal website!  It's almost done, so stay tuned and I'll hopefully be able to share the address with you soon.  :-)
  

4 comments:

Abigail said...

Very nice! It was nice to meet you and y'all certainly did a great job with the dance! It was lots of fun! :)

Stacey Bradshaw said...

It was nice to meet you, too, Abigail! I'm glad y'all were able to come and enjoy it so much! :-)

Matthew said...

It was really fun! I would like to thank you and Daniel for leading the dances, everything went very smoothly.

God Bless,
Matthew

Stacey Bradshaw said...

Thank you, Matthew! I really can't take much credit because my brother did all the work, but I will pass along your kind words. We had a great time, and I'm glad you did, too! Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! :-)

In Christ,
Stacey