Sunday, February 24, 2013

Chicago - The Windy City!

Here is a long overdue post with pictures from my trip to Chicago last July.  While I was in Michigan filming "The Wednesday Morning Breakfast Club," some friends and I took a little excursion over to the Windy City.  Before I begin, I just have to share this song that I love from "Calamity Jane"...




Okay, now that Doris Day has set the stage for us, on with the post!  I got up early in the morning, met my friend Thomas, and borded the train from South Bend to Chicago.  My friend Chad (a fellow photographer, filmmaker, writer, etc.), drove up from his home in central Illinois and was able to connect with our train at one of the stops!  That was pretty cool!  So the three of us proceeded into Chicago together.  Seth, Harmony, and Ben drove into the city and met us there after lunch.  We were blessed with a BEAUTIFUL day!  Even though it was July, it wasn't too hot.  I did manage to get a little sunburned (just in time for our last day of filming, which was supposed to be taking place in November, haha!), but we had a great time!  I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.  =)















































   

2 comments:

Joshua and Stephanie said...

That looks like fun...I don't know about standing on that glass but good for you!!!!

Stacey Bradshaw said...

Stephanie, I had heard about the glass ledge, but it honestly wasn't as bad as I expected. It definitely felt weird stepping out on it (and it was hilarious watching guys trying to convince their terrified wives or girlfriends to walk out there!), but I'm a logical person and I knew it was going to hold me just fine. But still, it did feel very strange at first! :-)