Friday, February 15, 2013

Reasons to Live

I am thankful to be part of a ladies' Bible Study through my church (while I'm at home!). Yesterday morning we had our second meeting for our new study.  We are going through Kay Arthur's Precepts study of the book of Esther.  I have been so excited about the things we have been learning and how I have seen so many pieces of history connecting!  I will share more about that in later posts.  Right now I just wanted to take a minute to share something Kay said at the end of the video yesterday.


Reasons to Live


1) To Bring God Pleasure

John 10:17 ~ "For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life so that I may take it again."

2 Corinthians 5:9 ~ "Therefore we also have as our ambition, whether at home or absent, to be pleasing to Him."

2) To Bring His Kingdom on Earth

John 4:34 ~ "Jesus said to them, 'My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to accomplish His work.'"

John 5:30 ~ "'I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.'"

John 6:38-39 ~ "'For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.  This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day.'"

3) To Live For His Glory

John 17:4 ~ "'I glorified You on the earth, having accomplished the work which You have given Me to do.'"

4) There is a Reward

Revelation 22:12 ~ "'Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done.'"

No comments: