Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Arts and Entertainment Conference 2013

This past weekend, I had the privilege of attending an Arts and Entertainment Conference.
I had so much fun catching up with old friends, making new friends, networking, and attending workshops.

First, I stopped by my dear friend Stephanie's house and visited with her for a few hours!
Here are a few pictures of her two oldest children and her youngest sister.  So adorable!




This is the dress I made in February for the SAICFF 
(and now it's finally warm enough to wear it in Virginia!).

 At the opening ceremonies with Mike Snyder and George Escobar, co-founders of Advent Film Group.  I've been blessed to work with them on three film projects to date.

I was so excited to see my friend Katelyn (left) at the conference!  We know each other from Aletheia Springs Christian Education Center YEARS ago!
I also enjoyed getting to know her friend Meagan!

My friend and constant encourager, Ed Easterling!  
We both worked on "Alone Yet Not Alone" in 2010.

The lovely, sweet, and talented actress, Jenn Gotzon!  Such a precious lady who loves the Lord and pours herself out for others!  I am blessed to call her my friend!  We both worked on "Alone Yet Not Alone" and "The Screenwriters."

 I was very happy to spend time with my friend Kristen Chambers at the conference!

On the way back to our respective homes, Kristen and I stopped and enjoyed a 3-hour dinner with Chip (far right) at a nice pizza place.  Andrew and Kara showed up with the producer, director, and 1st AD of "Letting Go," so the four of us got a picture together!  I met these lovely people on "Beyond the Mask" last October.  Andrew is starring in "Letting Go" and Chip is the Gaffer (in charge of lights).  Kara flew in for a visit this weekend.  I was so glad I got to see her while she was here!

What a fantastic weekend!  I came away so inspired, encouraged, and blessed.  It's really amazing to spend time fellowshipping and learning from like-minded people who share your passions!  I'm so grateful for all the precious people God has put into my life.  I look forward to seeing where God takes each of us, and hopefully we will get to work together many times in the future.  Life is an exciting adventure!
 

1 comment:

Joshua and Stephanie said...

Those are great pictures!!! I"m so glad you ran into a bunch of people you knew! Thanks for visiting.