A week ago today, I arrived home from beautiful Colorado, where I had spent 16 days on the production of "In His Steps." I only had 3 or 4 days where I was actually filming, so I enjoyed many days off. The scenery was gorgeous, the people were fantastic, and I don't know when I have ever laughed so hard, so much, so often! We had a grand time!
Several of the cast and crew members were also Doctor Who fans, so we had Doctor Who quotes and references constantly flying back and forth. That was a huge treat for me, because I don't have anyone back home to geek out with. Haha! It was awesome!
I'll add in a little more commentary with the pictures... Enjoy!
The beautiful scenery from the camp where we spent the first week I was there.
My first time sleeping in a quonset hut.
My character, Loreen, is homeless.
She gets taken in by Virginia, played by my dear friend, Rebekah Cook.
Such sweet girls!
Sitting in the Camero, a sports car used in the film.
Ready for my scene!
On camera -- homeless in the soup kitchen.
I love this picture!
What am I afraid of? Watch the movie to find out. ;-)
Beautiful mountains on the drive from Montrose to Norwood,
where we relocated for our last week.
where we relocated for our last week.
The view from the camp at Norwood.
A bunch of the girls after a makeup class taught by Carol Kiemle.
The guys had to participate, too! They did our makeup and we did theirs. :-)
We enjoyed having our friend Tim Kaiser (from Michigan) on set for a few days!
Three great guys! Murray (crew), Sam (plays Jasper), and Max (plays Ron).
Love these girls! Rebekah (plays Virginia) and Laura (plays Rachel).
A bunch of the cast and crew!
Rebekah, Rich, and Ryan. This was our fourth feature film together!
A bunch of us right before Carol left.
I celebrated my birthday on set! The Monsters Inc cake is an inside joke.
L to R: Laura, Rich, Madison, me, and Hannah.
Shortest and tallest (Danielle is 5'0", I'm 5'2", and Dave is 6'9")!
After our last day of filming, I was finally allowed out in the sun (you burn/tan VERY quickly at these high altitudes!), so I walked with some friends down to the edge of this canyon that I had been hearing about all week.
Rich as Trevor the Treasure Seeker! On his travels, he records videos for children about the spiritual treasures that he finds. I got to be a part of this one! Watch it HERE.
Wrap party! The sweet Hannah, whose blog you can read HERE.
Robert and Thomas Lawrence. I love these boys! Such sweethearts!
Zack Lawrence wrote the script, directed the film, and even acted in it as well!
And Laura and I had too much fun stealing his awesome fedoras. Hehe!
Quick stop for pictures on our way to the airport Sunday morning. This is one of the most photographed spots in Colorado! So breathtaking!
For the hour-long flight from Montrose to Denver, we were able to get seats together! Hannah & Mary sat across the aisle from Rich & I, and Ryan & Madison were behind us.
It was a joy to share the screen with my friend Rich Swingle.
What a talented actor and devoted man of God! He ministers all over the world.
Read about his "dramatic developments" HERE.
What a talented actor and devoted man of God! He ministers all over the world.
Read about his "dramatic developments" HERE.
Here's the teaser trailer for the film...
These two weeks in Colorado were such a blessing! So many friends, so many memories. And we made a fabulous movie while we were at it! Actually, we made a couple of movies. On our days off, we split into groups and made three short films! I acted in the Doctor Who fan film. A post on that will come later!









































4 comments:
It was such an amazing experience being on set with you Stacey! I REALLY enjoyed getting to know you and I hope and pray we can be on another set together in the future! God bless!
You, too, Hannah!!! I miss you, and I truly hope we can work together again! You are so precious and I'm very thankful that we could spend all that time together! Love you! :-)
Love the pics, Stacey! It was such a privilege working with you from both sides of the camera. Until next time!
Thank you, Zack! I agree! Yes, until next time... :-) Keep up the good work, my friend!
Post a Comment