Sunday, September 15, 2013

Recent Film Adventures at Liberty University

A few weeks ago, Shaina and I attended an audition at Liberty University that covered 30 student films going into production this Fall!  And we got cast as sisters in one that starts filming next week!  Yay!  That will be so fun.


I saw Alex at the auditions, for the first time since April!

Late night craziness with Blake, Shaina, and Potter!

The next weekend, I attended part of the Liberty University Film Festival.  I saw all the film screenings on Thursday and Friday night, and sat in on some guest lectures by special speakers on Friday afternoon, including Jon Erwin (one of the makers of "October Baby"), Bobby Downes, and Chris Morrow.


Bobby Downes addressing the film cohort seniors.

With my friend Andrew Cheney before the screening of his film, "Seasons of Gray"!
It's such a good movie!  Visit their website to see how you can bring it to theaters in a town near you!

Bobby Downes and Chris Morrow, from EchoLight Studios.  

Scotty Curlee, who did a great job organizing and facilitating the event.

I was filming all day Saturday, but I was able to meet up with friends for dinner that evening after the festival was over.  They had all come from out of town to attend the lectures.  We've worked on multiple projects before, and it was great to see them again!

My friend Mary, who came down from Pennsylvania for the event!  
We worked on "In His Steps" together in Colorado last May!

It was a fantastic weekend.  I pushed myself hard to go and meet the speakers and talk to them.  That took a lot of courage for me, but I'm so glad I did it.  And Bobby Downes had actually seen "The Senior Prank," so that was cool!  FYI, his brother Kevin played one of the four main cops in "Courageous" with Ben Davies.  He was my favorite, actually (which is ironic if you've seen the movie).  I won't give away any spoilers, but you can look up which one he was on IMDb if you've seen it, and you'll know what I'm talking about.

ANYWAY, another post coming soon with pictures from the film "My House," which we recently finished after 6 or 7 weekends of shooting.  I played a homeless character in that one.  (Homeless for the second time this summer!  It's getting to be a habit!  Or a new typecast?  Haha!  Not sure what that says about me...  We'll pretend it just means I'm recognized as a good dramatic actress.)  :-)
 

2 comments:

Alyssa W. said...

Sounds like a fun time Stacey!! I am looking forward to when "Season of Gray" comes out on DVD!
BTW..You and Shaina look like you could be sisters for real! :)
<3 Alyssa

Stacey Bradshaw said...

Alyssa, it's funny that you said that! We never realized we looked alike, but in the past year, whenever we go somewhere together, we often get asked if we're sisters! It worked out great for this movie. :-) And we decided we could be stand-ins or stunt-doubles for each other too. :-D