Sunday, September 22, 2013

"My House" Film

In August, I spent every weekend on a film project!  Four of the five weekends were spent on a local film called "My House."  I played a homeless character in this one (my second homeless character this summer!).  I've been friends with the fabulous leaders of Mirari Pictures for two years, but this was the first time we've been able to work together on a project.  It was so wonderful to join with them in this adventure.

One thing I love about Mirari is the daily focus on worshipping the Lord through the process of filmmaking as we use our talents to give back to Him.  We started every day with a time of quiet reflection, and a "prayer and share."  We would share things that God had been teaching us that week, or something He had placed on our hearts, and also prayer requests, and then have a time of prayer for each other and for the project.  There was never a time limit.  Even with a full day ahead of us, we wouldn't rush this time of fellowship and worship.  And guess what?  We always accomplished what we needed to by the end of the day.  And our days were much better for spending that time with the Lord.  Just like in our personal lives.

Okay, now for some pictures...




Trying to avoid sunburn.  By the end of the day, we found out we both failed.





My friends at Mirari! Lem (executive producer), Kristen (producer, BTS photographer, 
and editor), & Jake (director).

"I named her Hope, because of the hope that I have in Jesus Christ."

I loved working with these guys!  Justin played the prodigal son character, 
and Potter was the antagonist (and my nemesis).

A bunch of my friends from "Uncommon" came by to visit me one day!

My Uncommon friends with most of our cast and crew.

My friend Alexander played Roland - a crazy homeless guy who talks with a British accent.  He did a brilliant job!  He always made me laugh!

Recognize that lovely lady on the left? Kera O'Bryon played my mom in "The Senior Prank"!  She plays Justin's mom in this film.

My homeless family (plus our fearless director)!

Marcus and his gang are coming for me...


A lighter moment between scenes.

Don't underestimate short girls. Especially when they have backup.



This was such a great experience.  It was nice to have a few days at home each week, and I looked forward to every weekend on set with my friends.  I also enjoyed playing a different kind of role than the ones I've played before.  This one had more pain, more darkness in her past.  (I even cut my hair and dyed it darker to help represent this and present a different image than what people normally see me as.)  There were some great dramatic scenes...but I can't tell you about them because they're a secret.  You'll have to wait and see the film when it's done.  ;-)  And don't ask me when that will be because I don't know.  Haha!  Sometime next year.  I'll post a trailer when we have one.

To see more behind-the-scenes pictures, visit Mirari Pictures on Facebook!
 

2 comments:

uncaboom said...

She's not a 'short girl'
She's a "Little Princess"
There's a difference. (That difference is mostly simply Compressed Awesomeness)

Stacey Bradshaw said...

Uncle Boomer, you're the best! :-D