Wow, what an amazing weekend! My friend Daniel and his sister Emma (whom I was very excited to finally meet!) drove a few hours to spend the weekend with us! We want to make an episodic spy drama at some point in time, and so far we've been sketching out the characters we want to play and outlining some major plot points. We spent Friday afternoon filming a few scenes to put together a trailer. It was so much fun!
I was so busy behind or in front of the camera that this is the only picture I took (while I was posing on top of a step ladder for my interrogation scene, haha!).
Saturday morning, we went to a local Festival and walked around. I hadn't attended in three years because I was always still at college, so it was fun to go again. (It's also weird to think that I graduated from college two years ago that Saturday.)
That evening, we drove over an hour to an outdoor dance that some friends of mine were hosting. The location was beautiful and we had a great time! They started off with dinner and frisbee, then finally got on to the dances (like the Virginia Reel, the Spanish Waltz, the Harpers Ferry Quickstep, etc.).
Look! It's me! Being artistic! :-)
Slide and catch!
Baby Tirzah. Such a cutie! :-)
The lovely Emma watching the game of frisbee.
I wish my eyes were open. :-)
My dear friend Stephanie and little Tirzah.
Stephanie's wonderful husband, Joshua, and their precious son Gideon.
Daniel and Emma dancing the Virginia Reel.
I was very sad to see Daniel and Emma leave early Sunday morning, but I am so thankful for the fun memories and the blessed fellowship we shared that weekend! Now they've gotten my brother Stephen and I very inspired to make short backyard films of our own (which we already wanted to do but hadn't gotten around to yet). Sunday afternoon, Stephen asked me to film a short sequence of him running around in a spy-type outfit with his earpiece, sunglasses, and gun, shooting bad guys inside the garage. That went well, and motivated me to finally figure out how to use iMovie. Now I'm hooked! My brothers and I were all gasping and uttering excited exclamations as we discovered all the available features and sound effects and so forth! I love editing, and I finished it up this afternoon. It's one minute long, and it's taking about 2 hours to upload to Youtube (we exported it in the largest format available...and our internet speed isn't the fastest). Now we can't wait to put together something else!
In other news, my laptop is back in commission after two weeks of not having a working power cord! My brother was very gracious in letting me use his Mac for those two weeks, but he was even more excited than I was when my power cord arrived! Haha! Now I'm having to adjust back to using a PC (which really isn't that bad...and I'm very happy to have a delete AND a backspace button again).
I hope everyone is doing well! Have a great week!
2 comments:
I want to see the clip! I bet you like editing...it was great to meet your friends and those are cute pictures...
Can't wait to see your video! It would be a lot of fun to work on something like that... Some friends of ours did a remake of "The Sound of Music" over a couple of summers, which turned out quite well! It had to have taken a lot of time though... :-)
Ahh, the clasic Mac vs. PC battle... ;-) I am kind of a PC guy, just like building my own... Sure do like my iPod though! LOL!
Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment