Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Museum of the Confederacy Video

Oh, friends!  So much has happened and so many pictures have been taken since I last posted!  I scarcely know where to begin, but since time is short, I'll start with something simple and share a video I shot and edited recently.  This is from the grand opening of a new local branch of the Museum of the Confederacy:




Stephen took this picture of me "on the job":
 

And here's a video of Dad, Daniel, and I dancing the Virginia Reel!  It was done a bit differently than we're used to (they kind of split it up with the first part being one dance and the second part being a separate dance.  A little strange, but still fun.  I must say, I think this is the first time I've never danced while wearing pants.  I had a cute outfit planned but I chickened out at the last minute and put on jeans because it looked like it would be a cold, rainy day and I couldn't bear the thought of being cold all day while traipsing through wet fields, and so forth.  It turned out to be a beautiful day, for which I'm very grateful!  I wish I had worn a skirt, but oh well!  At least I still had my cute hat!  :-)



I hope I'll be able to post more soon, since I'll be working at the library again (thus giving me more time on the computer).  In March, I got a part time job as a substitute at a church-run Day Care and that has been keeping me really busy!  I got called in almost every day (sometimes with only an hour's notice), which made it really difficult to plan my days or get anything done.  Since last week, I've been temporarily filling a daily position where I work with the two-year-olds from 2:00 to 5:45.  Let me just say... 9 two-year-olds at one time with only 1 teacher is insanity!  

Next week I'll go back to being a substitute on-call for three days a week, and the other two days I'll work at the library (which pays better and is so much less stressful -- plus I can spend several hours getting stuff done on the computer which is great!).  So yes, hopefully you'll see more posts in the near future.  But life is still really busy, so I can't guarantee anything...
  

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Can't wait to visit that branch of the Museum of the Confederacy!
Great dancing by the way! :-)

Stacey Bradshaw said...

Thanks, Elisabeth! And maybe we'll have to visit the museum together. I was so busy filming that I didn't have time to stop and look at everything. :-)

Savories of life said...

i have to go to this place!!