This weekend was beyond amazing! My friend Daniel Cross drove two hours to our house yesterday (Friday) morning, and that evening we drove another two hours with my brother Daniel (yeah, it was fun having two Daniels around!) to attend a concert given by one of my favorite Celtic groups - The High Kings. But first, we stopped at the dollar theater to see Tangled in 3D, then we grabbed dinner at the mall and the two boys went to an audition for a short film (which I had auditioned for on Tuesday evening).
The concert was absolutely incredible! It was just the four Irishmen with their beautiful voices and their instruments (they play at least 12 instruments between them!). They sang all of my favorite songs from their first CD, as well as a wonderful collection of songs from their new CD which has just been released in the USA. It was really sad how small the audience was (only 7 or 8 rows filled), but what we lacked in size we made up for in enthusiasm! And it was great to be sitting so close to the stage (in row 6)! We made so much noise that you wouldn't know the room wasn't half full. They kept thanking us for being such a great audience, and they were very personable and it was easy to see they were having fun. We spent half the night clapping our hands and stamping our feet, and the rest of the time we sat pensively listening to gorgeous Irish ballads.
After the concert, the High Kings came out to meet and greet their fans! They autographed my new CD and let us take a picture with them! I was ecstatic! I could not believe that I got to shake their hands and get a picture with them! I don't think I was any less excited than the time I got to get Josh Groban's autograph after a concert. (Just for the record, I'm not one of those girls who goes crazy over performers and turns into an obsessed fan...and this is only the second or third concert I've ever attended in my life...but I appreciate talented musicians, and I'm always shy about meeting famous people so it's a big deal for me when I do.)
We got back home at about 12:30 in the morning. Today, we had a great time fellowshipping, cooking, laughing, singing, talking about stories we're writing, looking at pictures, and generally having a great time. :-) I am so thankful for good friends and fun memories! But enough of my ramblings. Here are some pictures for you to enjoy...
Before the concert (with the camera on top of my car!)
Finbarr Clancy
Martin Furey
Brian Dunphy
Darren Holden
Here is a taste of what we were treated to last night (except they played their own instruments) - "The Irish Rover":
"The Rocky Road to Dublin":
And here is a lovely ballad called "Red is the Rose":
Lastly, here is a beautiful ballad I couldn't resist posting, featuring the incredible vocals of Darren Holden - "The Town I Loved So Well":

No comments:
Post a Comment