Thursday, March 15, 2012

Haircut!

It finally happened!  I got my hair cut short again!  I really like it.  And I can't wait to try curling it on the ends so it's kinda like a 1940's look... (well, hopefully that's what it will end up looking like). 

I also have Adobe Lightroom 3 now, and I decided to play around with that a bit yesterday.  Here are some of the results!  I'm sorry you have to look at the same two pictures over and over.  We only took a few, but if I had known I would do this, we would have taken more and I would have made some different expressions or something.  :-)  Anyway, here we go!

The original picture straight from the camera:

Here's the edited version:

Then I played with some presets (and tweaked them a little).

This one is "Green Filter":

Direct Positive:

"Color CP 2":

"Bleach Bypass":

I'm slowly figuring out my way around the program, but I still have so much to learn!  It's really fun, though.  I love editing pictures (almost as much as I love taking them, I think). 

On a different subject, my brother Daniel is finally home to stay after working at the General Assembly as a Legislative Aide for the past two months (and only coming home on the weekends).  Please pray for him when you think of it.  He got the bad cold virus that's going around (he might have gotten it from me last week when he came home to visit), and for some reason, whenever he gets a cold, he seems to end up sick to his stomach as well.  That hit last night while we were watching a movie, and he jumped up off the sofa and hurried towards the bathroom. 

Well, he blacked out in the kitchen and cut the back of his head when he fell.  The cut is a few inches long and looks pretty nasty.  He was supposed to be a special speaker at some Republican event tonight, and we were going to go swing dancing tomorrow night, but it doesn't look like any of that is going to happen.  Anyway, prayer for his healing would be appreciated (and that none of us would get sick...).  We've got a busy weekend ahead.  Mom is one of the main organizers for a huge birthday party for our pastor this Saturday.  We need all hands on deck to help prepare the food and set up the facility and so forth.  I'm supposed to be one of the photographers for the event, which is the first time I've ever been an official "photographer" for anything.  Kind of exciting!

I'd better run now and get ready for Bible Study and then working at the library.  I hope everyone is having a great week!  :-)
  

No comments: