Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"October Baby"




In just a few days, an exciting new movie opens in select theaters across the country!  I had the privilege of seeing "October Baby" at a pre-screening last month, and it blew me away.  I laughed and cried through the whole movie.  It was beautiful, compelling, and gripping with it's powerful pro-life message that every life is beautiful.  I cannot urge you strongly enough to go see this film. 

Another cool fact is that one of the lead actors, Jason Burkey, was in the film I worked on last October, so I got to know him quite well!  He's a great guy and a talented actor.  It was fun to see him on the big screen as a leading actor in "October Baby."

For a sneak peek, here's the official movie trailer...




The future success of the film largely depends on how well it does opening weekend. That affects whether theaters keep it longer than one week, whether distributors will want to pick it up, and so forth. Also, prospective viewers will look at the box office rating from that first weekend to decide if they want to go see it or not. All of this ultimately determines how much money is going back to the filmmakers to cover the investments in the film and to enable them to continue making Christ-honoring family films.

So please, if at all possible, try to go see "October Baby" this weekend. You will not only be enjoying wholesome entertainment, but you will be taking a stand to support the independent Christian film industry and the pro-life message as well! Part of the proceeds will go to help pregnancy centers and adoption agencies.

What's at the heart of "October Baby"? See what Jon Erwin, co-director of the film (whom I got to meet at the SAICFF), has to say...



Visit their website to learn more about the film, watch more videos and testimonies, and find a theater near you where it will be showing:


Trust me - this is a movie you won't want to miss!
    

No comments: