Thursday, March 29, 2012

"October Baby" Update


WOW!!!  After opening weekend, "October Baby" is sitting on the box office charts as the #8 movie in the nation!  That's a miracle considering that every other film in the top 10 is showing on well over 1,000 screens, and "October Baby" is only in 390 theaters.  Also, it ranks #3 in per-screen average, and #1 in limited release.  It is so wonderful to see God's hand of blessing on this beautiful film, and I want to thank each of you who took the time to go out and see it! 

And if you haven't seen it yet - it's not too late!  It was held over in all but three theaters for a second week!  Now's the time to get out and keep the numbers high so it will be held over for a THIRD week! 

My friend Michelle joined Mom, Dad, Daniel and I for opening night!

And do you want to know something?  The movie was just as good the second time as it was the first!  If not better...  :-)  I knew when it would make me cry so I braced myself and managed to fight back the tears for the most part...until the last five minutes of the film.  Then it was a lost cause and I just gave up.  Ahhhhhhh, it's SO GOOD!!!  Even my dad was crying.  :-)

Here is a thank you message from the Erwin brothers (who made the film):


CLICK HERE to check out an Inside Edition piece about Gianna Jessen, whose real-life experience is the genesis of the October Baby story.  (It's only a few minutes long and definitely worth watching!)

Here's a quote from Michael Catt: "Let me be clear, the movie is enlightening, encouraging, and edifying. I would consider it a must see movie for every teenager and parent. It should be recommended by every pastor and priest in our land. There is power in this movie that can only be explained by the hand of God upon it."

Read the rest of Michael Catt's 
wonderful blog post to hear his amazing testimony of how the film touched him in a very personal way.

Also, if you haven't visited the October Baby facebook page, please hop over there to access more articles, videos, and countless powerful testimonies about how the film is changing lives (and saving unborn lives!). 

For the past week (ever since we went to see the film), I've been listening two these two songs every day!  When I get stuck on a song, I really get stuck on a song!  If Youtube had a repeat option, I would be using it!  In this case, I keep jumping back and forth between these two songs that were used in the score of "October Baby"...






To end with, here are some pictures that Michelle and I took with a beautiful blossoming tree outside the movie theater...





  

No comments: