Thursday night, I was an extra in the feature film "Letting Go." I was chosen to be a server at the cafeteria, so I got to stand behind the counter all night (with my head just inches from the RED camera behind me). So the back of my head was on the screen of B camera all night and A camera was focusing on the main actors, so my face was never shown. I became a real pro at taking orders and asking questions in pantomime. "Would you like a drink with that? What size? How about some dessert? Our chocolate cake is fabulous. What dressing do you want on your salad?" It was fun! I met lots of nice people, and enjoyed watching the two main actors work their magic. I could tell from the beginning that I really liked the director, Tracy Trost, both as a kind and amiable person and as a director. We chatted a tiny bit. At the beginning of the night, I told him how much I liked the script. Towards the end of the night, he told me to stop yawning. :-)
On set at 5am, after being awake almost 24 hours.
It was too far to drive home before working again the next night, so I went to a friend's apartment nearby and tried to sleep through the day. I even took some ZzzQuil, but all that did was make me feel drugged as I lay there in a slightly comatose state, but still awake. I had covered the windows with black trash bags, and I even put a sleeping mask over my face, but despite 26 hours awake and counting, I wasn't able to sleep. I must have dozed off a few times because I kept remembering bizarre dreams about the production, but I was never aware of falling asleep or waking up, and most of the day I was awake. I've really got to figure out how to sleep during the day for the sake of survival...
When I arrived on set Friday night, Tracy (the director) came to me and told me I was demoted. Then he said, "Actually, you're promoted." He called the assistant director over and said, "We've only seen the back of her head so far, but tonight we we're filming the reverse, so we need to find a head double for her. I don't want to see her face." He paused, and I stood there wide-eyed with confusion. Then he added, "Because I want to use her in the pawn shop." My eyes grew wider. The pawn shop? Maybe he meant as a featured extra. After another pause (I think he really enjoyed this!), he said, "I want her to be the Sales Girl."
My face must have lit up like a Christmas tree! That was the role I wanted the WHOLE TIME! I couldn't believe it! I was sure they would have already cast it after the auditions the weekend before, but suddenly I was given the very role I had wanted. A speaking part! Scenes with the two main actors! I was delirious with excitement! I still find it hard to believe that something so wonderful has happened. God's blessings are so abundant, and I am overwhelmed with gratitude!!!
Psalm 37:4
"Delight yourself in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart."
and he will give you the desires of your heart."
My scenes are coming up quickly. Next Wednesday and Thursday nights, in fact. (I sure wish I could figure out how to sleep during the day!!!) I'm going to do everything I can to fortify my body over the next few days (plenty of sleep, lots of vitamins and water, etc.). And above all, I'm going to try NOT to get the horrible stomach virus my brother has right now. Poor thing, he was so sick last night and felt miserable all day today.
Well, I'd better sign off so I can get some of that sleep I was talking about! We have to get up extra early for church tomorrow. I hope all of you have a blessed Resurrection Sunday! Praise God for sending us the most precious gift He had to offer - His only Son! And Christ gave us the most precious gift HE had to offer - His very life. What are we giving back in return?

No comments:
Post a Comment