Monday, March 18, 2013

Saint Patrick's Day Festivities

Last year I went crazy and posted a ton of Irish songs on here.  This year I'm going to mainly stick to pictures (because I actually went out and did fun stuff on Saint Patrick's Day!  Hooray!)  After church, I met my friend Michelle at a local restaurant and chatted with her while she enjoyed an Irish buffet (I had just eaten at church, but I did get a taste of her yummy Irish stew!).  Then we went outside to watch them turn the river green where it flows past the restaurant.

These two kilted men serenaded us while we watched the water turn green.  The funny part was when they started playing "Scotland the Brave"...although I think I'm the only one who noticed.  It's a good thing there weren't any true Irishmen around, or these men might have ended up in the river...bagpipes and all!

I spy...a leprechaun!

Here comes the green!


 Michelle had her photo bombed by a happy man and his beer...  :-D


 Lots of green!



My Claddagh ring that Michelle gave me.


The green river!

 Next stop: Sweet Frog for some frozen yogurt!





Around 5:30, we finally headed home, where we eventually settled down and watched an Irish movie neither of us had seen before.



I love Bing Crosby.  :-)  It was a cute movie, and full of great songs.  Like these...






So did anyone else do something fun for Saint Patrick's Day?
   

No comments: