Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Local Festival

I always enjoy attending this festival (nearly every year), and the weather is almost always very warm and sunny, and perfect for the ladies to wear their prettiest sundresses and big floppy hats...  But this year we had to wear our winter coats!  So crazy!!!  Sometimes I wonder if Summer is EVER going to come.  So much cold/rainy/dreary weather.  Highly unusual.  Anyway, I braved the chilling winds after lunch on Saturday and spent a few hours walking around with my friend Kyra.






Sneaky self-portrait.  :-)


This made me laugh!

My dear friend Kyra.

We ran into a friend I haven't seen in ages!  The festival is good for that.

It was fun, but as soon as I got home, I curled up under some blankets and treated myself to a rare cup of hot chocolate.  (Rare because it sometimes makes my stomach hurt - the combination of lactose and sugar, I think.)  I had just started watching the latest episode of Doctor Who when Mom called and asked me to make supper, so my comfy, cozy state was brought to an abrupt end and the good Doctor had to wait several hours before he could get on with saving the world.

I bustled around and whipped up some french toast and cheese grits casserole.  I love having breakfast for dinner!  And then I made the pecan pie I had promised my brothers if they helped me record an audition a few nights earlier.  I even went to Walmart that afternoon just especially to get ice cream for the pie.  It was quite yummy!  We rarely fix desserts except for birthdays or company, so it's always a treat.  I do love sugar.  Too much, I'm afraid.  So it's a very good thing that we don't have desserts very often or my figure would be a lost cause.  ;-)

No comments: